What Will Be the Minimum Age to Possess, Purchase, and Consume Cannabis in BC?
Island Born & Blazed
Channeling the spirit of the island, on the beautiful west coast of BC, Stellar Jay Organics is Vancouver Island’s fist licensed cannabis retailer. 19+
Our mission is to provide quality product, comprehensive product knowledge, and friendly customer service, while focusing on social-responsibility practices related to safe and responsible use of adult recreational cannabis.
If it's terpene rich flowers, raw crafted pre rolls, a variety of newly coveted capsules and oils, or just some hand crafted made in Canada accessories you're after - we've got you covered with our stellar selection.
How Much Cannabis Will I Be Able to Possess?
- You'll be allowed to possess up to 30 grams of dried legal cannabis or equivalent in public.
What's the Difference Between Cannabis Strains?
- There are two main cannabis species: Cannabis sativa and Cannabis indica. Sativas tend to have more energizing and cerebral effects when used recreationally whereas indicas tend to have more sedative and physical effects. In terms of physical differences, indica plants are darker, shorter and bushier than sativas, which are tall and lean. A third species, Cannabis ruderalis, is rarely cultivated.
What Do THC & CBD Mean?
- Delta-9- tetrahydrocannabinol (or THC for short) is the psychoactive compound that causes you to get "high". It can often be seen as tiny crystal-like trichromes on the plant. Cannabidiol (CBD) is responsible for many of the plants’ physical effects and has been used to treat anxiety, pain, inflammation, insomnia, nausea and even epilepsy in the medical world. Products are labelled with THC and CBD percentages, the higher that number is the more potent the product.
What is a Cannabinoid?
- Cannabinoids are a class of approximately 100 known chemical compounds that are unique to cannabis and are responsible for both the plants’ psychoactive and therapeutic effects. The most significant cannabinoids are delta-9- tetrahydrocannabinol (or THC for short) and cannabidiol (or CBD).
Then What is a Terpene?
- You may also hear the term terpene, which refers to a broad class of organic compounds that give cannabis strains their distinctive flavours and aromas. The Blueberry indica strain’s terpene profile, for example, is said to give it a sweet, berry-like taste. Terpenes are also believed to impact different strains’ effects.